» National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
(NTSE) is a national-level scholarship program. Brilliant Junior, In an effort to identify and recognize students with extremely high intellect and academic talent , prepares students for this national level competitive examination. It is widely regarded as the toughest and most prestigious examination at high school level in the country. The written examination comprises of Science Aptitude Test and an essay on a given scientific theme.
NCERT Announces National Talent Search Examination-2015
National Talent Search Scheme is a flagship activity of the NCERT started in the year 1963. The purpose of the scheme was to identify talented students and nurture their talent. Talent refers to the potentiality that manifests itself in a high level of performance in one or more specialized areas.
National Talent Search Examination-2015 for students studying in Class X
National Talent Search Scheme started in the year 1963
The purpose of the scheme is to identify talented students and nurture them
This year NCERT will conduct the National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class X
Scholarships: On the basis of the National Talent Search Examination, 1000 scholarships will be awarded
- Scholarships: On the basis of the examination conducted, 1000 scholarships will be awarded for each group of students appearing for class-X examination. The amount of scholarship will be Rs 500/- per month as per NTS rules.
- Reservation: 15% scholarships will be reserved for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% scholarships for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for Physically Challenged group of students.
- Selection: There will be two stage selection process for award of scholarship Stage- I, Selection will be done by States/UTs through a written examination. Students, who qualify Stage-I, will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.
Students, who qualify Stage-I, will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT
- Eligibility: All students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage-I examination, conducted by the States/UTs, in which the schools are located. There will be no domicile restriction.
The States/UTs will also conduct the selection test for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme along with the Stage-I written examination for NTSE.
- NTSE 2016 Important Dates:
Dates for submission of application form and conduct of examination are given below
Last tentative date for submission of application form: 31st August, 2015
Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Andaman and Nicobar Islands: 15th November, 2015
Examination in all other states and Union Territories: 16th November, 2015
Examination in all states and Union Territories: 15th May, 2016 (Sunday)
State Quotas: Each State/Union Territory has been allotted a quota to recommend a specific number of candidates for the Stage-II examination, the details of which will be made available on NCERT website
However, there will be no State/Union Territory quota for the final award of scholarship after the Stage-II examination
NTSE 2015 Application Form :
You may contact the State/UT Liaison officer for procuring application form. However, application form can be downloaded from NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in also. The completed application form should be signed by the Principal of the School. The candidate as well as the Principal of the school must adhere to the last date for submission of the application form. Different states may have different last dates for submission. Please confirm from the Liaison Officer of your state, the address at which the completed forms are to be submitted. All queries related to application form should be directed to the State Liaison Officers (LOs).
No application should be sent to NCERT.